• English
  • Български
  • Русский


You are doomed! You will start a new job or for some other reason you need a clean criminal record! Then you need to be rehabilitated.

Rehabilitation itself erases the conviction and cancels its negative consequences in the future and the person is further treated as "unconvicted".

Rehabilitation is of two types:

  1.  by right  And
  2. by court order.

 1. Rehabilitation by right shall take place in the following cases:

  • If you have been given a suspended sentence and have not committed another crime during the probation period, you should therefore serve the suspended sentence;
  • If you have been sentenced to up to three years' imprisonment or probation, if you have not committed another offense punishable by imprisonment or imprisonment for three years from the expiry of the sentence imposed or reduced by work or pardon. - severe punishment;
  • If you have been sentenced together or separately to a fine, public reprimand or deprivation of rights, even if you have not committed another crime of a general nature within one year of serving the sentence
  •  If you have been convicted as a juvenile and if you have not cormmitted another cime of a general nature within two years of serving your sentence, for which you have been sentenced to imprisonment.

A convicted person can be legally rehabilitated only once, as an adult!

2. When rehabilitation cannot take place by law, then you can be rehabilitated through the court. The following prerequisites must be present:

  •  the sentence to be served;
  • in cases where there is damage caused to be compensated;
  • the fines imposed to be paid.

The court makes an individual assessment of the personality and overall behavior of the perpetrator - whether he has actually improved and deserves to be treated as "unconvicted".

The competent court to rule on rehabilitation is the court that heard the case and ruled on the judgment at first instance.

If you have been convicted of several sentences by different courts, you should go to the court that imposed the most severe sentence, and if the sentences are equally severe, to the court that handed down the last sentence.

It is important to know that if the application is rejected, you can submit a new application no earlier than one year after the ruling.

The heir of the convict may also request rehabilitation after his death, if the latter was entitled to do so.



All fields are required. Please fill the verification code